Friday, September 28, 2012
Happy Fat Friday!
Hi everyone! Welcome to Fat Friday! Sil and I are so excited to be sharing some super yummy recipes with everyone. All week long you eat healthy, you get your runs in and avoid all of those tasty treats but Fridays are that one day you get to indulge a little bit. Personally, I only eat one bad meal of Fridays. Everyone needs a cheat day, it wouldn't be right if you didn't! So this week I will be sharing with you a not so healthy meal but an oh so yummy one. I got this recipe from mom. Having come from a long line of Italians, I don't think my mom has ever made a bad meal. She is such an amazing cook. Having not ate meat in 15 years and being Vegan was a huge challenge for my mom when I was growing up. I was the only one in the family who had to have the "special meal" because my family loves creamy meaty goodness. But, she would never let me go hungry and would always make sure i had my "special meal". I know now just had hard it was to make so many different meals all the time.
My husband is by NO means a Vegan. He loves his bacon! So i am always making two different meals. It can be a huge struggle for me to make him his meals that have meat but I do my best because a man has to eat! So when I first made this meal for him he was in creamy meaty glory! Claims it was one of his favorite meals he has ever had.
Chicken, Ham and Rice is something my mom came up with one day. She is so creative in the kitchen. Never used a recipe, just saw what she had in the fridge and went from there. This is a great meal for those cold nights when a good hot creamy meal is just thing to warm you up. Enjoy! Happy Fat Friday :)
Chicken, Ham and Rice
Prep time: 20 Mins
Bake time: 1 hour 15 mins
1 16 oz Sour Cream
1 stick of Butter (melted)
1 16 oz can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 lb of Sliced Virginia Ham
5 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
sliced french baguette
3 cups of white rice
Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine butter, sour cream and Cream of Mushroom soup together. Mix well. Spoon half of the mixture into 9 x 13 glass baker. Take sliced ham and arrange on top of mixture. Spoon remaining mixture over ham. Place chicken breasts over mixture. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to chicken breasts. Cover and bake. Have rice prepared 10 minutes before. Serve hot over white rice with a french baguette. Enjoy :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment