Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sucky Run Days

So the past three runs I've done have been miserable. From the first pound of the pavement, to the last stride I can muster to hit that 30:00 goal have been been balls to the wall painful. Shin splints have hit hard and I just feel like I can't catch my stride. I usually catch it about 6 or 7 minutes in but these past 3 runs have felt like having bad sex. Looking at the clock every 10 seconds while being jostled around in no particular rhythm, thinking the entire time, I am never doing this again.

But I do. And while I can honestly say this was a sucky, sucky running week I am so proud that I finished it. I didn't throw in the towel and I didn't cut myself any slack and shorten any of my runs. And for that my ass is thanking me. We had a slight slip up yesterday involving some no bake cookies and manicotti. I won't go into the gory details, but let's just say I viewed the scale wincing this morning preparing for impact. To my surprise, I was cut some slack. No gain. An episode like that prior to running and I'd be up 2 lbs without a doubt. I heart you, running. I really do.

So, moral of the story. No matter how shitty of a run you're having...finish it. You owe it to yourself. And your ass.

-J

2 comments:

  1. Jacqueline, you speak the truth so beautifully! I love your honesty! Keep running, girl! You are rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support, Jessica! We can do it :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs