I'm benched. For at least a week. Following my 5K on Saturday, I've had pain in my right hip/groin that progressed from a dull ache to barely being able to walk without a limp. I tried running on Monday (stupid, I now realize) which further aggravated it to the point of tears. I'm dealing with pain from my interior groin and hip shooting down through my knee. Hurts to walk, hurts to lift my leg, hurts to roll in bed at night. I've Dr. Google'd it and come up with the diagnosis of hip flexor strain, likely grade II. I'm icing, resting and using ibuprofen sparingly.
It is KILLING me not to be able to run. This morning, I woke up at 6 am without an alarm clock. Remembered I was injured and wouldn't be running and could not get back to sleep. There are many things I miss: the fresh air, the sweat, feeling accomplished before half the world even wakes up, chatting with my sil. I am praying to high heaven that this injury hurries up and heals. I also feel an incredible amount of guilt for leaving sil hanging. I know I need this rest if I'm going to be able to run at all but I still feel like I'm letting her down.
So for now, I sit at home. With one leg perpetually frozen by ice packs. Pouting like a toddler. Reading about fellow princesses in training tackling their training runs hoping I can be out there again soon.
~J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment