Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ugh. :(

What a difference a week can make.  We went from the high of getting ready for our first 5k, being super nervous excited and finishing our very first 5k! Being sooo super happy and proud of ourselves to sil getting an injury (:( ) and me getting sick.  I feel so bad for sil.  I know that it is only temporary set back but I am sad she has to take a few weeks off.  But, I guess it's better (well, not better) that it happened now and not two weeks before the half marathon! 


Being sick is no fun. I love my 6:00 a.m. runs but the weather recently has been making it very difficult. Cold, dark, damp, wet and rainy. I am pretty sure I got sick from running (sweating and only wearing a long sleeved shirt) in the cold air and rain this week.   I really tried my hardest to get out of bed this morning to go on my run but I couldn't move.  I felt horrible because I am sick but also because I knew I was not going on my run (not to mention feeling horrible that sil wouldn't be running with me). But I know my sil and she is very determined to get healed and get back to running.  Hopefully in the coming weeks we will be better and back in action!

  I signed up for a Zombie 5k this weekend that I fully intend on running in.  So I think I am going to take the rest of the week off to rest up and prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs